ESPN’s signature morning debate show, First Take will unveil its exciting new format beginning Sept. 6. The new format will continue to star Stephen A. Smith – who has been the show’s featured commentator on a permanent basis for almost a decade – and host Molly Qerim Rose – who has commanded the First Take desk since 2015 – alongside a team of marquee guests.
- Pro Football Hall of Famer and NFL Network analyst Michael Irvin – who has gone head-to-head with Smith in countless unforgettable moments – will start each week of First Take, beginning September 6 and after every NFL Sunday, joining Smith and Qerim Rose for the full two-hour show on Mondays.
- He and Smith will debate the week’s key on-the-field moments and under-the-radar stories, while also providing fans with insider news and can’t-miss analysis heading into that week’s Monday Night Football matchup and week ahead.
- The rest of the week, Smith and Qerim Rose will be joined by ESPN’s industry-leading roster of analysts and insiders across sports, including:
- Paul Finebaum
- Keyshawn Johnson
- Mina Kimes
- Kimberley A. Martin
- Monica McNutt
- Jessica Mendoza
- Chiney Ogwumike
- Dan Orlovsky
- Kendrick Perkins
- Marcus Spears
- Brian Windhorst
- Damien Woody
- And many more
- Each week will culminate on Friday with Heisman Trophy Winner and SEC Network analyst Tim Tebow and Smith debating all things college football heading into Saturdays throughout the season.
- In addition, First Take will also continue to regularly welcome signature celebrity guests from across sports and entertainment to the show.
- Max Kellerman’s last episode of First Take was on September 1, as he will be joining ESPN Radio’s morning show alongside Keyshawn Johnson and Jay Williams on September 7 and debuting a new television series with details to be announced soon.
Upcoming First Take Highlights:
- First Take is heading back to school with the return of HBCU Wednesdays throughout the month of September.
- Smith – a Winston-Salem State alumnus and HBCU Week ambassador – and Qerim Rose will virtually spotlight and celebrate HBCUs by featuring one university every week, with debate questions from students, live shots from campus, special guests and much more.
- The series started Wednesday, September 1 with Alabama State. Upcoming Wednesday’s will feature:
- September 8: Florida A&M
- September 15: Texas Southern
- September 22: Hampton
What they’re saying:
- Antoine Lewis, senior coordinating producer, First Take: “This new format will pair Smith with new voices and perspectives every day of the week who will challenge him on their specific area of expertise in a completely new way. Stephen A., Molly and a lineup of A-list guests will definitely continue to provide fans with all they’ve come to expect from First Take and much more. We’re excited to get going!”