Searchlight Pictures released a new featurette and poster for the upcoming film The Eyes of Tammy Faye, coming to theaters on September 17.
- Searchlight Pictures has shared a new featurette and poster for The Eyes of Tammy Faye, coming out on September 17.
- The featurette goes behind-the-scenes, talking to Jessica Chastain, Andrew Garfield, and director Michael Showalter about Tammy Faye Bakker and giving audiences a true look into her as a person.
- The film takes a look at the rise, fall, and redemption of televangelist Tammy Faye Bakker and stars Jessica Chastain, Andrew Garfield, Cherry Jones, Fredric Lehne, Louis Cancelmi, Sam Jaeger, Gabriel Olds, Mark Wystrach, and Vincent D’Onofrio.
- The Eyes of Tammy Faye is directed by Michael Showalter and written by Abe Sylvia.
About The Eyes of Tammy Faye:
- “The Eyes of Tammy Faye is an intimate look at the extraordinary rise, fall and redemption of televangelist Tammy Faye Bakker. In the 1970s and 80s, Tammy Faye and her husband, Jim Bakker, rose from humble beginnings to create the world’s largest religious broadcasting network and theme park, and were revered for their message of love, acceptance and prosperity. Tammy Faye was legendary for her indelible eyelashes, her idiosyncratic singing, and her eagerness to embrace people from all walks of life. However, it wasn’t long before financial improprieties, scheming rivals, and scandal toppled their carefully constructed empire.”
You can catch The Eyes of Tammy Faye in theaters on September 17.