ESPN College Football analyst Todd McShay has announced that he will be temporarily stepping away from the sidelines to focus on his health and his family.
- McShay made the announcement on his Twitter account today:
I am going to take some time away to focus on my health and my family. Thank you ESPN for being so supportive and for all the well wishes – I can’t wait to be back on the sidelines soon.
— Todd McShay (@McShay13) September 7, 2021
- The decision comes just a few days after McShay gave a sideline report during Saturday’s Alabama-Miami game that had fans worried about his health.
- McShay exited a broadcast last year due to illness, though specifics were never disclosed. He returned for the remainder of the games for the 2020 season.
- ESPN issued a statement on Twitter offering their support for McShay’s decision.
— ESPN PR (@ESPNPR) September 7, 2021
- It’s unclear how much time McShay will miss, but we certainly hope for a healthy return to the sidelines soon.