Poet Laureate, activist, and writer Amanda Gorman is the subject of a special edition of ABC News’ primetime series 20/20. In a rare look at her personal life, Gorman speaks with ABC’s Robin Roberts about day-to-day work, her aspirations, and more. Amanda Gorman: Brave Enough with Robin Roberts – A Special Edition of 20/20 will air on September 15th.
- ABC News has announced they will present a special one-hour edition of 20/20 about writer and activist Amanda Gorman.
- As the first National Youth Poet Laureate, Gorman was selected to read an original poem during the inauguration of President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris.
- Good Morning America co-anchor Robin Roberts conducts an interview with Gorman who shares a look at her personal life and discusses her views on fame, writing and success as an author, the role of activism in her work, political aspirations and more.
- In this special edition of 20/20, ABC News cameras also follow Gorman for a glimpse at her day-to-day life, including an inside look at her writing process; her role co-chairing the 2021 Met Gala; and her work with a speech pathologist.
- The program includes an interview with Anna Wintour, who personally selected Gorman for her Met Gala co-chair position.
- The special also features interviews with Jamie Frost, Gorman’s longtime speech pathologist who helped her overcome a speech impediment and Dinah Berland, Gorman’s WriteGirl mentor.
- Amanda Gorman: Brave Enough with Robin Roberts – A Special Edition of 20/20 airs Wednesday, September 15th (10:00 – 11:00 pm EDT), on ABC.
20/20 Creative Team:
- John R. Green is executive producer of this special.
- Janice Johnston is executive producer of 20/20.
- David Sloan is senior executive producer.