During Playstation Showcase 2021, it was announced that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic will be getting a full remake on the Playstation 5.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is coming back in a full remake by Aspyr Media, Lucasfilm Games, and Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE).
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic takes place over 4,000 years before the events that happened in the original trilogy. The game introduced new heroes and villains to the Star Wars Universe when it came out almost 20 years ago.
- The game is now being rebuilt from the ground up to take advantage of the latest tech, features, visuals, and more to really make the game shine for a new audience and those who want to revisit all over again.
- Those working on the remake include original members of the Knights of the Old Republic development team
- The remake will be a Playstation 5 exclusive at launch and will also be coming to PC.
The game is in early development, but we can’t wait to hear and see more as it’s shared.