ABC News has announced the launch of “America Strong,” a multiplatform reporting series showcasing the strength of the nation as it battles the pandemic, extreme weather events, and more, putting the spotlight on ordinary people doing incredible things.
- ABC News has launched “America Strong,” to showcase the resilience of the nation during the pandemic, extreme weather events, and more.
- The stories will highlight ordinary people doing extraordinary things throughout the nation.
- “America Strong” stories will air throughout September across all ABC News programs and platforms including World News Tonight with David Muir, Good Morning America, GMA3: What You Need to Know, Nightline, ABC News Live, The View, Tamron Hall Show, This Week with George Stephanopoulos, ABC Audio’s podcast Start Here, ABC News social accounts, and much more.
- ABC-owned television stations and affiliates will also feature inspiring stories in their local communities.
What They’re Saying:
- David Muir: “We cannot allow the heaviness of these times to overshadow the selfless spirit that drives so many Americans. It is their resilience and their quiet acts of kindness that remind us what’s truly possible. Their stories are a gift.”
- Kim Godwin, president of ABC News: “World News Tonight’s iconic series, ‘America Strong,’ has reached into the homes of millions and inspired people for years. After a very difficult year and a half, we felt it was important to highlight more of the selfless heroism of our neighbors. We hope the expansion of this series will bring more hope to our audiences across the country.”