Visitors and Orlando residents will now have an additional two weeks to experience some of the culinary delights of the city, now that Visit Orlando Magical Dining has been extended until October 17th.
- To support local businesses and ensure two deserving charities receive maximum benefit, Visit Orlando – the area’s official tourism association – is extending Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining.
- Originally slated to conclude October 3rd, the program will now run through October 17th, giving food enthusiasts an additional two weeks to experience some of Orlando’s best cuisine.Restaurant listings on OrlandoMagicalDining.com will designate restaurants participating in the extended time period.
- While the majority of restaurants have elected to extend, the extra two weeks are optional, and listings will continue to be updated. All other aspects of Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining — $37 for a prix fixe, three-course meal, with $1 per meal benefiting two local charity organizations — remain the same. A complete list and map of locations can be found here. The list includes locations at Disney Springs, as well as locations at Universal’s on-site resort hotels.
- This year’s Magical Dining contributions benefit Pathlight HOME – providing affordable housing and offering an employment resource center to help low-income and homeless individuals in Central Florida – and IDignity – assisting disadvantaged Central Floridians in obtaining legal identification documents often required to access education, employment, housing, banking, social services, proper healthcare and numerous additional opportunities.
- Participating restaurants are going above and beyond with new safety measures that encourage dining with confidence and new takeout and delivery meal options for in-home dining. Many also offer open-air and outdoor dining.
- Visit Orlando’s new Magical Nights feature – giving visitors and locals access to exclusive hotel and resort offers to enhance dinner with an overnight stay – will also be extended through Oct. 17 at select hotel properties
What They’re Saying:
- Casandra Matej, president and CEO for Visit Orlando: “We’re thrilled to offer more time for visitors and locals to take advantage of this incredible program, which has raised over $1.8 million for local charities since 2009. The two-week extension opens the opportunity to raise even more money for this year’s charity beneficiaries while continuing to support our local restaurants.”