The September issue of National Geographic magazine includes several features about the solar system and families can expand their learning with additional content this month.
- National Geographic magazine readers will discover articles this month about recent discoveries in our solar system.
- Did you know there are different regions of the sun? Families can explore exciting galactic content in the September issue and Nat Geo offers a variety of ways to expand the Solar System content.
- The National Geographic Society’s Resource Library offers a free collection of activities and videos about the solar system
- Want to bring the solar system home? National Geographic offers classroom-sized giant maps and kids can literally walk through the solar system that way.
- On September 29th, National Geographic Live is hosting a free event called “Virtual Field Trip: Our Solar System & Beyond” featuring National Geographic Explorer and astrophysicist Munazza Alam, National Geographic Young Explorer Ilias Psyroukis, National Geographic Senior Graphic Editor Manuel Canales, and researcher Patricia “Patty” Healy.
- Munazza Alam will also participate in an Explorer Classroom on September 30th at 10 am and 2 pm ET for a conversation about how other solar systems compare to our own.
- Click here for more information about the September 2021 issue of National Geographic magazine.