As of today, Digital Movie owners who use the Movies Anywhere app to access their collection can now use the popular app on their Xbox consoles.
- The Movies Anywhere App is now available for download and use on Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X.
- This allows users to sync purchased Digital content from Apple TV, Amazon Prime Vudu, Google Play/YouTube, Microsoft Movies & TV, Xfinity, Verizon, and DirectTV and keep it all in one place.
- The app also showcases content for sale and will direct to retailers.
- Movies Anywhere launches on Xbox consoles with 4K, HDR 10, Dolby Vision, and Dolby Atmos support, as long as your television and sound system support those capabilities.
- Movies Anywhere is free to sign up for and use, and can is available Xbox consoles as well as other devices, like Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, Roku, LG TVs, Vizio SmartCast TV, and recently, Samsung TVs.
- Movies Anywhere only works with supported content from studios, with Sony, Universal, Disney, and Warner Bros. all working together on the app.
- With Movies Anywhere, you can bring your favorite purchased movies from eligible digital retailers together in one easy-to-use collection. You can create and enjoy a personalized collection with “My Lists” or share your favorite movies with your favorite people by sending them a Screen Pass.
- While owners of hard copies will typically get a digital code that can be redeemed on Movies Anywhere, a complete list of Disney films available to find on the app can be found here.