- Following its debut as the most-watched Hulu Original comedy on premiere day, and most-matched comedy on premiere date across all Subscription Video On Demand (SVOD) titles ever on Hulu, Only Murders in the Building has been given a second season.
- The comedic murder-mystery series stars Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez as three stranges who all share an obsession with true crime, suddently finding themselves wrapped up in one as a death occurs in their Upper West Side apartment building.
What They’re Saying:
- Craig Erwich, president, ABC Entertainment and Hulu Originals: “Only Murders in the Building reflects the kind of creative excellence that is the hallmark of Hulu Originals. Steve, John and Dan have created a uniquely captivating and entertaining series. The audience’s response to the delightful blend of mystery, humor and emotion in the show has been overwhelming and we can’t wait to follow this unlikely trio on their next adventure.”
- Karey Burke, president, 20th Television: “There has been something about this project that felt almost fated from the start; from Dan’s first lunch with Steve in which Steve happened to mention he had an idea for a series, to John jumping aboard to co-create it, to Steve’s agreeing to star but only if Marty joined him, to the inspired addition of Selena. The comedy this team delivered has been the obsession of every executive at this studio, and our friends at Hulu have treated it like the crown jewel that it is. And now, thanks to the incredible audience response, we are so happy to say there will be more murders in the building — which is great news for everyone, except perhaps the residents of the Arconia.”
- John Hoffman, co-creator and executive producer: “Everyone in our amazing ‘Building’ worked with such love and expertise through extraordinary times — and with incredible support from Disney, Hulu and 20th TV — to create a first season that might live up to our legendary cast, our beloved New York City, and to make a show about connection. To feel we’ve connected with our audience and hit the mark enough already to have the chance to continue — and to carry on our show’s wild ride of mystery-comedy-empathy — is too exciting for words. So I'll shut up now — and just say a huge thanks to all and I can't wait for more!”
- Dan Fogelman, executive producer: “If you’d told 15-year-old me that I’d Zoom multiple times this week with Steve Martin and Martin Short to celebrate our show’s launch, I would have asked ‘What’s Zoom?’ But this is still all incredibly exciting. I’m so proud of all involved and grateful to Dana, Craig and Karey, and our fantastic partners at Disney, 20th and Hulu.”
You can catch Only Murders in the Building now streaming on Hulu, with new episodes dropping every Tuesday.