- The Disneyland Resort announced the Tenaya Stone Spa, designed by Walt Disney Imagineering, will be opening on September 16, 2021 at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
- During Mike’s visit, he was able to sample the hand massage offerings, finding it to be extremely relaxing. He was also able to chat with an attendant who was passionate about Disney-related topics like the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Disneyland Resort’s theme parks.
- The name Tenaya (pronounced ten-eye-a) can be interpreted as “to dream” in the indigenous culture of the Yosemite Valley.
- From the floor, to the ceilings, to the walls, you can see how the design is inspired by the spirit of nature and California heritage in the 6,000 square-foot facility, including the tree root chandelier.
- Instead of wood planks for the flooring, the team used wood rounds, allowing you to see the life of the tree and what is inside of it.
- The spa features eight treatment rooms, two for couples massage, four manicure/pedicure chairs, a relaxation lounge, men’s and women’s changing rooms, and a retail boutique.
- Advance reservations are now available for Disneyland Resort hotel Guests, with reservations opening to non-hotel Guests at a later date.
- Guests can choose from various body treatments, massage, and salon services.
- You can find out more information including booking dates here.
- Massage therapies include the customized Tenaya Signature Massage, and the Tenaya River Stone Massage that incorporates heated river stones to help soothe and relax the body. Guests may slip into nirvana with the Head, Hands & Feet With Heart Massage or unwind with their significant other with a side-by-side Tenaya Signature Couples Massage.
- The Aromatherapy Massage is also pure bliss, using plant-based aromas made from essential oils infused with gem elixirs and flower essences. The Herbal Poultice Massage uses warmed poultices designed to melt away muscle tension by combining pressure with steamed compresses of wild crafted herbs. The Mother-To-Be Massage uses pre-natal techniques, organic products and pre-natal cushions designed to create comfort for the expecting mommy in mind.
Herbal Body Treatments
- The Purify & Refresh Body Treatment hydrates and exfoliates, beginning with a warm milk nectar wrap, followed by a sea salt exfoliation with notes of clove, a purifying mud wrap and an oil-infused ginger and grapefruit extract designed to promote skin rejuvenation.
- The Wild Honey and Mud Body Renewal is a four-step treatment including red clay and micro-pumice exfoliation, a peat mud nutrient mask, fruit serum and an oil massage crafted to give the skin a moisturized, radiant glow. The Nourishing Avocado Body Treatment is designed to refresh the skin with dry brushing, a whipped shea sugar exfoliation and a nourishing mask, along with a scalp, shoulder and foot massage.
A Treat for the Feet
- After a fun day running around the theme parks, hotel guests can enjoy a calming foot soak and lower leg massage with the Step in Time Foot Massage, or sink into pure relaxation with the Mindful Traveler Foot Treatment, an exfoliating foot soak and energizing massage designed to help increase circulation, reduce lower leg muscle stress and leave legs and feet feeling silky smooth.
- The Avocado Lime & Honey Foot Treatment caresses the skin with antioxidant oils, smoothing exfoliation, hydrating avocado butter mask, honey-based fruit serum and skin-glistening agave nectar oil for a ready-to-go finish.
- Spa goers can add a sprinkle of magic with manicures and pedicures designed to make guests look and feel fabulous whether strolling through the Disneyland Resort or attending an enchanting special occasion.
What They’re Saying:
- Brett Perkins, Tenaya Stone Spa director: “Tenaya Stone Spa’s distinctive setting and experience encourages relaxation, revitalization, and restoring balance. Our customized treatments are designed to be stress-relieving, pampering and purposeful, combining a blend of therapies and products.”
- Katrina Mosher, art director, Walt Disney Imagineering: “Tenaya Stone Spa embraces the concept of the natural order of four, found throughout many indigenous cultures of the world. There are four directions, four colors, four elements, four points of wellness. These bring balance and harmony to the mind, body and spirit. In developing the spa, we aspired to create a fresh take on the principles of the Arts & Crafts movement by honoring nature. We drew inspiration from the foundation of the hotel, literally in the stones, the earth, and the trees, and figuratively in the promise of a place to relax and to dream.”
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Disneyland Resort travel planning