Eva Longoria and Ben Spector are set to team up to develop a Sal & Gabi Break the Universe science-fiction comedy series for Disney Branded Television.
- The new series will be based on the award-winning book Sal & Gabi Break the Universe.
- The story revolves around teenage Sal Vidón, who discovers he has the ability to reach into time and space to retrieve things from other universes after meddling with his father’s scientific experiments. He quickly enlists his friend Gabi to set off on a quest to find and bring back his deceased mother, only to learn that tampering in alternate universes could ultimately put their entire universe at risk.
- Longoria and Spector will develop the new series as part of the deal between their UnbeliEVAble Entertainment and Disney Branded Television.
- Also attached to the Disney Branded Television project is writer/producer Nelson Soler.
- UnbeliEVAble Entertainment also has a deal with the Disney-owned 20th Television, but that is separate from this deal with Disney Branded Television.
What they’re saying:
- Ayo Davis, EVP, Creative Development and Strategy, Disney Branded Television: “It’s exciting to work with Eva and Ben on such an imaginative story full of heart and adventure that truly feels authentic in its storytelling and representation of characters. Carlos Hernandez’s heartwarming and humorous book is the perfect addition to our slate of development and is in expert hands with Eva and Ben’s production team.”
- Tonya Agurto, senior vice president, publisher, Imprint and IP Development, Disney Publishing Worldwide: “We’re thrilled to see Carlos Hernandez’s ‘Sal & Gabi’ leap to the next level of development within The Walt Disney Company. It’s as if we took a page from the book, and our wish was pulled from the multiverse!”