- Marvel has announced that Hit-Monkey will be coming to Hulu with all 10 episodes premiering on Wednesday, November 17, 2021.
- The series takes fans into the Tokyo underworld as a Japanese snow monkey who goes on a revenge quest is aided by the ghost of an American assassin.
- Josh Gorden and Will Speck serve as the creators, showrunners, and executive producers of the series with co-executive producers Keith Foglesong, Matt Thompson, and Neal Holman; and produced by Duffy Boudreau, Mollie Brock, and Marcus Rosentrater.
- The voice cast of Hit-Monkey includes Jason Sudeikis, George Takei, Olivia Munn, and more.
Hit-Monkey Cast List
Jason Sudeikis as “Bryce”
- “A world-weary Assassin who’s made some unbelievably poor life choices. He drowns his sorrows in work, travel, and gambling but when it comes to doing hits, there’s no one better. After he’s killed in the Japanese Alps, the ghost of Bryce and Monkey are tied together on a revenge quest. A terrible mentor with a sarcastic, cynical view of the world, Bryce must ultimately dig deep within himself in order to complete his final mission and help Monkey become who he was meant to be.”
George Takei as “Shinji”
- “A lifelong public servant who has been the man behind the political career of Ken Takahara, his friend and political mentor. But when tragedy strikes, it falls to Shinji to pick up the baton and carry their political dreams forward. A good and honest man who raised his niece Akiko all by himself after the death of her parents. Shinji is the kind of politician everyone wishes they could have.”
Olivia Munn as “Akiko”
- “Smart, ambitious, and powerful, Akiko is the niece of Shinji Yokohama the future Prime Minister of Japan. Having spent time in the west for College and Law School, she has returned with strong opinions about the future of her Uncle’s campaign. Her inherently good nature however masks a darker side, one that will emerge as the season progresses.”
Ally Maki as “Haruka”
- “An honest cop from a small town in the north, Haruka comes to Tokyo with dreams of reforming a corrupt city. But can she hold on to her values in the face of so much vice? Her new partner Ito will test her sense of right and wrong and ultimately prove to be the mentor she has always looked for. But when it falls to her to complete their case, will she have what it takes to become the cop she has always felt she could be?”
Nobi Nakanishi as “Ito”
- “The laughing stock of the Tokyo Police Department, and struggling with a drinking problem, Ito is the only one in Tokyo who suspects that Hit-Monkey may actually be one of the good guys. But no one, not even his new partner Haruka believes him. He will have to dig deep into his past and face his demons in order to finally restore his honor.”
Hit-Monkey premieres on November 17 exclusively on Hulu.