An opening day eatery that has evolved over the last 50 years is celebrating with a special menu geared towards the World’s Most Magical Celebration, and the California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort will pay homage to what came before it with these special items.
- As part of The World’s Most Magical Celebration, California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World will offer a limited-time three-course menu with dishes inspired by past favorites as well as new market-fresh creations. Earlier, we got to take a look at a few of the times on the 50th anniversary celebration menu.
- The California Grill Sushi Classics Trio – Blue Crab California Roll, Shrimp Tempura Roll, Spicy Kazan Roll – brings together three of the most popular rolls on one plate. The Spicy Kazan Roll with blue crab, yellowfin tuna tataki, and sweet shrimp is sure to be a favorite. What makes this sushi roll unique is the Fireball Sauce with bay scallops, avocado, and mango, bringing the flavor to another level.
- The House-Made Artisanal-Style Duck á la Orange Pizza has a fun backstory. Long Island Duckling with Orange Sauce was on the original Top of the World menu, and with artisanal flatbreads and pizzas from the on-stage wood-fired grills being a guest favorite, it made perfect sense to marry the two! Enter this delicious pizza with duck prosciutto and confit, orange-black mission fig jam, pickled shallots, aged blue cheese, and arugula – an homage to the classic from Top of the World and a California Grill staple.
- The Oak-Fired Filet of Beef with Black Truffle-Brown Butter Château Potatoes, Golden Raisins Vinaigrette, Cauliflower, and Black Garlic Butter has layers of incredible flavors. The great filet is sure to be overshadowed by these Château Potatoes, slowly cooked in brown butter and topped with freshly shaved black winter truffles.
- The World’s Most Magical Celebration deserves a classic dessert that never goes out of style, and this delectable EARidescent Grand Marnier Soufflé is perfect. Served table-side with macerated Florida citrus and a delicious house-made Creamsicle Ice Cream. A sweet ending, indeed.
- In 1971, Top of the World opened on the 15th floor of Disney’s Contemporary Resort, offering two dinner/dancing shows nightly featuring top-name entertainment. In 1981, “Broadway at the Top” dinner show was introduced with popular catchy show tunes sung by talented performers.
- In 1995, the space transformed into California Grill, offering fresh, seasonal dishes prepared in the stunning on-stage kitchen. The impressive wine list showcasing the finest wines from highly allocated California vineyards further elevated the dining experience.
- California Grill was considered a cutting-edge concept, becoming a sought-after dining destination for our guests as well as catching the culinary world’s attention.
- Through the years, the menu has evolved but continues the focus on seasonal dining with a creative blending of flavors, textures, and techniques. The stellar award-winning wine list is still as impressive but has made room for craft cocktails and beers. What has remained constant is the stunning views of Magic Kingdom Park and Seven Seas Lagoon.