Disney+ Hotstar is all set to foray into the world of Telugu entertainment with the biggest, highly-awaited slate of gripping titles to serve the taste of entertainment lovers. Making a grand entry, the platform unveiled its entertainment offering for the Telugu audience through a vibrant launch campaign featuring the illustrious Tollywood star Ram Charan in an uber cool avatar.
- With the release of all-new shows and blockbuster movies featuring the best stars of the Telugu film industry, Disney+ Hotstar reiterates its commitment of bringing unparalleled entertainment experience with high-quality Telugu content that promises to satiate the voracious appetite of entertainment lovers.
- In addition to homegrown Telugu content and blockbuster releases, Disney+ Hotstar also brings the best of Indian and international titles as well as the best of cricket action including VIVO IPL 2021 and ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021 in Telugu.
- The new lineup on Disney+ Hotstar brings diverse and unique stories especially curated for Telugu entertainment lovers, bringing the spotlight on locally relevant narratives, and featuring some of the biggest stars of Tollywood in blockbuster movies.
- These include the eagerly-awaited dark comedy Maestro starring actors Nithiin, Tamannaah, and Nabha Natesh and the multilingual release Annabelle Sethupathi starring actors Vijay Sethupathi and Taapsee Pannu.
- This also marks the first time of Disney+ Hotstar launched its first Hotstar Specials in Telugu Unheard – a story based on the common man’s perspective on Hyderabad’s amalgamation during the period of India's independence.
- The first of its kind conversational series is produced by Radhika Lavu of Ellanar Films and directed by Aditya KV.
- Moreover, Telugu audiences will also witness the release of Telugu Specials such as Gharshana, 9 Hours and Jhansi in the months to follow.
- For all reality show fans, Disney+ Hotstar brought the much-awaited fifth season of Bigg Boss Telugu with the host and veteran actor Nagarjuna.
- Disney+ Hotstar is home to the world’s best stories dubbed in Telugu, Tamil, and Hindi including the biggest superhero and animation movies; with access to exclusive Hotstar Specials series, mega-blockbuster movies released straight on the platform and the best of LIVE sporting action including the upcoming VIVO IPL 2021 and much more.
What they’re saying:
- Gaurav Banerjee, Head of Content, Star & Disney India: “In the past few years, content in regional languages has witnessed a paradigm shift and Disney+ Hotstar has been at the forefront to give its audiences an opportunity to discover content across multiple languages. The launch of a wide array of titles in Tamil on our platform last year has been very well received. We are excited to expand our offering further and foray into the Telugu market; making our multilingual entertainment library even stronger with path-breaking stories and genre-defining formats.”
- Sunil Rayan, President & Head, Disney+ Hotstar: “We have always been at the forefront of revolutionizing the way content is created and consumed in India – and are happy to take a step into the world of Telugu entertainment. We are delighted to join forces with some of the most prolific creative minds to offer an unparalleled Telugu entertainment experience for our viewers. In addition to bringing unmatched blockbusters such as Maestro and Annabelle Sethupathi, we are excited to offer genre-defining series with path-breaking narratives."
- Ram Charan: “Disney+ Hotstar have been pioneers of content in India; bringing A-class global, Indian, regional movies along with engrossing digital series, in multiple languages, at our doorstep. With the platform’s entry in the Telugu entertainment market, I can foresee the opportunities opening up for makers and actors in Tollywood. This enjoyable association with the Telugu entertainment lovers will add to the wide array of content the platform will be hosting.”