- D23 Members have the chance to sign up for a virtual event taking place from October 1 through October 31 celebrating Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary.
- The exclusive event will gather Imagineers who will tell the story of the Walt Disney World Resort with a look behind-the-scenes on its origins and history.
- Once registered, a unique access code will be sent that can be used to watch the special panel which premieres on Friday, October 1 at 10:00 am PT and will be available through Sunday, October 31 at 11:59 pm PT.
- The event is complimentary for Gold Members and costs $10 (plus $1.50 processing fee) for General Members.
- The special event will begin with a talk with Portfolio Creative Executive Chris Beatty and retired Imagineer Eric Jacobson about Magic Kingdom, discussing the challenges Imagineering had to deal with after Walt’s passing, taking it to opening day.
- Retired Imagineer Peggie Fariss, and Portfolio Executive Producer Jodi McLaughlin will then talk about EPCOT and how they brought Walt’s dream to life with a global community.
- Leslie Iwerks will then talk to President, WDI Creative & New Experience Development Bob Weis, Portfolio Creative Executive Scott Trowbridge, and Executive Interior Design Barb Dietzel about Disney’s Hollywood Studios and share a glimpse of the park’s origins as a movie studio and its continuing evolution.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Art Director Kyle Price and Assistant Producer Jennifer Gerstin sit down with Manager of Communications Diego Parras to talk about the theme park and how it broke new ground with its blending of animals and Disney storytelling.
- The event will conclude with a look at the Disney resorts featuring retired Imagineer and Disney Legend Wing Chao, Portfolio Creative Executive of Global Resort Design Bhavna Mistry, Executive Project Manager Michael Davie, and Executive Architect David Stofcik discuss how the resorts have evolved from opening day to now with unique experiences and more.