Mika Ogasawara (小笠原美香) will become the new Disney Ambassador of Tokyo Disney Resort on January 1st, 2022.
- The longstanding tradition of Disney Parks Ambassadors continues with the Tokyo Disney Resort announcing their 36th ambassador since 1983, Mika Ogasawara.
- Ayumi Noguchi (野口 歩美) has been the Tokyo Disney Resort Ambassador since January 1st, 2019. The term of a Tokyo Disney Resort Ambassador is typically two years, but her position was extended through 2021 due to the pandemic.
- Mika has been with the Tokyo Disney Resort for three years and currently works at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel.
- Training will last three months, with Mika officially taking over Disney Ambassador duties on January 1st, 2022.
- The Disney Ambassador program started at Disneyland in 1965 by Walt Disney. The first Disney Ambassador was Julie Reihm, who became a Disney Legend in 2015 at the D23 Expo.
- Disney fans can follow Mika and her fellow Disney Parks Ambassadors from around the world on the following Instagram accounts:
- The news was shared this morning by the Disney Parks Blog.
What They’re Saying:
- Mika Ogasawara: “When my name was called, I thought I was dreaming. And then I became happy, and was filled with gratitude for everyone who had supported me… I would like to share with people around the world the dreams and happiness of Tokyo Disney Resort. I also aspire to become the Tokyo Disney Resort Ambassador who is admired by many people.”