Disney has announced that they have partnered with Amazon to create the new “Hey Disney!” custom assistant, which will be coming soon to Walt Disney World Resort hotels as well as your own home.
- The Disney Parks Blog shared the first look at the new custom home assistant, which is built on Amazon’s Alexa technology.
- The new assistant will use Disney stories, characters and more.
- Starting next year, “Hey Disney!” will be featured in Walt Disney World Resort Hotel rooms, providing guests with the opportunity to interact with their favorite Disney, Pixar or Star Wars characters right in their room.
- “Hey, Disney!” will feature authentic character voices, unique audio environments inspired by your favorite films and destinations, and more than a thousand magical interactions to discover.
Big news! Starting next year, fans at home and Disney Resort hotel guests at @WaltDisneyWorld will be able to use an @Amazon Echo device to interact with some of their favorite characters just by saying…“Hey, Disney!” Find out more: https://t.co/yZXa0hjT3f pic.twitter.com/yj9x6YBYHY
— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) September 28, 2021
- According to TechCrunch, guests will also be able to use the new assistant to tell them when the parks open, the fastest route to the park, or where to get a meal as well as make special guest service requests, like ordering extra towels or food from room service.
- Be sure to check back for more information on “Hey Disney!” as it becomes available.