- In celebration of the Walt Disney World Resort’s 50th anniversary, all four parks will be decked out with special celebratory decorations, including new lighting packages on the four park icons.
- Earlier tonight, EPCOT’s famed Spaceship Earth came to life with lighting and showcased the new look for all to see.
- New lights shine across the reflective panels of Spaceship Earth, connecting to one another in a symbol of optimism resembling stars in a nighttime sky. The iconic structure’s permanent new lighting will continue beyond the 50th celebration.
- Lighting fixtures that have been installed on Spaceship Earth are not only a single point, but they have been modified to reflect color onto the triangular faces that make up the geodesic sphere.
- In addition to various colors that shine on the structure, it can also display designs.
- If that weren’t enough glow, Walt Disney World’s monorail system premiered new lighting tonight as well:
— LaughingPlace.com (@laughing_place) September 30, 2021
- The anthem titled “The Magic is Calling” will be heard with different arrangements when each theme park icon transforms into a Beacon of Magic at night: Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom, Spaceship Earth at EPCOT, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and the Tree of Life at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” officially begins on October 1, 2021 at the Walt Disney World Resort and will continue to be celebrated for 18 months.