- In celebration of the Walt Disney World Resort’s 50th anniversary, all four parks will be decked out with special celebratory decorations, including new lighting packages on the four park icons.
- Earlier tonight, EPCOT’s famed Spaceship Earth came to life with lighting and showcased the new look for all to see.
- New lights shine across the reflective panels of Spaceship Earth, connecting to one another in a symbol of optimism resembling stars in a nighttime sky. The iconic structure’s permanent new lighting will continue beyond the 50th celebration.
- Lighting fixtures that have been installed on Spaceship Earth are not only a single point, but they have been modified to reflect color onto the triangular faces that make up the geodesic sphere.
- In addition to various colors that shine on the structure, it can also display designs.
- If that weren’t enough glow, Walt Disney World’s monorail system premiered new lighting tonight as well:
- The anthem titled “The Magic is Calling” will be heard with different arrangements when each theme park icon transforms into a Beacon of Magic at night: Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom, Spaceship Earth at EPCOT, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and the Tree of Life at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” officially begins on October 1, 2021 at the Walt Disney World Resort and will continue to be celebrated for 18 months.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Walt Disney World travel planning