In celebration of the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World, Disney has issued $3 million in grants to six different nonprofit organizations in Central Florida.
- The Disney Parks Blog shared the news of the donations from Disney, which will help to support important causes and inspire a world of difference for children and families in the community.
- Disney works with these six nonprofits to find solutions to important matters throughout the region and empower all individuals to create a brighter tomorrow.
- The Parks Blog also shared a video about the grants:
About the nonprofits:
- Give Kids The World Village
- As an establishing partner for this organization since 1986, Give Kids The World Village is an integral part of our Wish Granting efforts at Walt Disney World Resort. During a transformative week at Give Kids The World Village, Wish families are able to laugh, play and create priceless memories together away from hospital visits and medical procedures, helping children build the physical and emotional strength needed to fight a critical illness. Disney VoluntEARS are a mainstay of Give Kids The World Village, coordinating meals, serving ice cream and assisting families staying at the resort.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida
- A key partner in supporting youth development, Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida empowers children with the confidence they need to stay out of trouble, make good decisions and chart a course toward a healthy and productive life through after-school activities, including events and programs with our Disney VoluntEARS.
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida
- Driven to close the gap of unmet needs in Central Florida, Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida helps to create hope and nourish lives through a powerful hunger relief network. The Disney Harvest Program supports Second Harvest’s great work in serving more than 40 Orlando-area nonprofits, and for years, Disney VoluntEARS have helped to sort and pack food delivered across the region – and can even be seen throughout the mural of the iconic wall of Disney characters in Second Harvest’s warehouse.
- Heart of Florida United Way
- As a longstanding partner of Walt Disney World Resort, Heart of Florida United Way improves the lives of individuals and families, building strong communities by uniting people and organizations to create measurable results and a lasting impact.
- Hope Partnership
- Supporting families experiencing homelessness and poverty in Osceola County, Hope Partnership provides a pathway to employment, healthcare and housing through its Hope Works Program, connecting individuals with organizations like Disney VoluntEARS for skills-based support.
- ELEVATE Orlando
- ELEVATE Orlando works to build life-changing relationships with urban youth, providing students with opportunities such as job shadowing, personal introductions and in-class speakers’ series which has been a resoundingly popular Disney VoluntEARS event for employees across The Walt Disney Company.