Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser guests who visit the Droid Depot and make their own droid while visiting Batuu will be able to use their droids aboard the ship during special activities.
- Guests traveling aboard the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser have the option of visiting the Droid Depot while visiting Batuu, and will be able to use their new Astromech Droid when they return to the ship.
- Even though guests are discouraged from using their new Droids while on-planet in Batuu, they are encouraged to use them aboard the Halcyon, and on-board activities including Droid-racing competitions will be offered.
- Guests can talk to their Galactic Starcruiser Specialist to add these activities, including their Droid Depot visit up to 60 days before their Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyage.
- Guests don’t have to be staying aboard the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to participate in building their own Droid at the Droid Depot. They can visit the landmark workshop on Batuu (Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge) that is stocked with parts, chips, manuals and other tech items useful for constructing your very own droid, one of the galaxy’s most indispensable sidekicks.
- Guests can select from a variety of components in all different colors as they roll by on the shop’s conveyor belt to build their very own R2 or BB unit.
- They will then take their parts to build their own Droid at a build-station, where they’ll follow instructions on graphic monitor displays to assemble the product in a proper sequence. It is then paired with a remote and activated, coming to life in front of their new owner.
- Guests can accessorize their Droids with personality and affiliation chips (at additional cost), and will also have the option to purchase other accessories like carrying backpacks and additional cosmetic features.
- Advance reservations for the experience are highly recommended, and a small number of same-day reservations may be available up to two hours in advance.