The official soundtrack to the new series Ordinary Joe is now available on most streaming platforms, with series star Jimmy Wolk covering classic songs by James Taylor and Bright Eyes, as well as performing original songs from the new series.
- Hollywood Records has released the soundtrack EP to the 20th Television/NBC new original series Ordinary Joe. Spanning the first three episodes of the new series, the EP includes a select mix of original songs: the uplifting “Soldier On,” and tender ballad “Landing,” and two covers: James Taylor’s timeless “Fire and Rain” and Bright Eyes’ emotionally powerful “First Day of My Life.” All songs are beautifully performed by the show’s star Jimmy Wolk, who plays the title character of Joe Kimbreau. A new song from each week’s episode will be released every Friday.
- Ordinary Joe airs on Mondays at 10pm PT/ET, immediately following The Voice and is available for streaming on Peacock the next day.
- Track listing:
- “Soldier On”*
- “Fire & Rain”
- “First Day of My Life”
- The soundtrack is now available on most streaming services, including Pandora, Spotify and Apple Music.
- Life is all about the choices you make – and sometimes what you do in a single moment can change everything. This new heartfelt, life-affirming drama follows Joe Kimbreau, who faces one of these decisions at his college graduation. The three parallel stories that diverge from that night find Joe and the people around him with different careers, relationships, and family lives, showing the unexpected ways that things change – and stay the same. But when it comes down to it, there is no “right” choice; no matter what happens, Joe’s life is always messy, exciting, tough, unpredictable … and beautiful.
- The cast of Ordinary Joe includes:
- James Wolk
- Natalie Martinez
- Elizabeth Lail
- Charlie Barnett
- Ordinary Joe is produced by 20th Television, Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group, 6th & Idaho, 3 Arts.
What They’re Saying:
- Co-songwriter/co-producer Sam Hollander: “It’s been an absolute dream for Josh Edmonson (co-songwriter/co-producer) and myself crafting Joe Kimbrough’s journey into song throughout Ordinary Joe. Connecting Joe's lyrical voice to the narrative has truly been one of the most exciting experiences of both our careers. We’re so grateful to the show’s brilliant writers and producers, the music teams at both 20th Television and NBC, Jen Ross and most importantly the hardest working man in showbiz- and quite the possibly the loveliest fella on earth- James Wolk, who brings endless passion and magic to the studio on a daily basis.”