It may be hard to believe, but Oscar season is nearly here and soon critics and fans will be buzzing about the most important films of the year. It all leads to one glorious night and in 2022, Will Packer will have the honor of producing Hollywood’s Biggest Night.
- The Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences has announced that Will Packer will produce the 94th Oscars which will air live on ABC on Sunday, March 27, 2022.
- Packer is the founder and CEO of Will Packer Productions and Will Packer Media. His chief of staff, Shayla Cowan, will work alongside him and co-produce the Oscars.
- Packer has an impressive resume in film and television that includes producing such projects as:
- Night School
- Girls Trip
- Straight Outta Compton
- Think Like a Man Too
- Stomp the Yard
- Being Mary Jane
- Uncle Buck
- Roots (remake)
- The 2022 event marks his first involvement with the Oscars.
What They’re Saying:
- David Rubin and Dawn Hudson: “Will is a powerhouse producer who has enjoyed success across all movie genres. He’s already bringing a boundless energy and a focus on innovation to this year’s Oscars, to entertain the widest spectrum of fans. Many wonderful surprises ahead!”
- Will Packer: “The power, the beauty, the romance of the imagery in movies has always attracted me. I’m fully embracing the challenge of bringing an ode to one of the most iconic mediums in the world to life. What an honor!”
- Craig Erwich, president, Hulu Originals and ABC Entertainment: “There is no one better than Will Packer to celebrate our collective love for cinema. Will is a world-class hitmaker and the ideal producer to capture the prestige of The Oscars and deliver a powerful and moving event.