In celebration of the upcoming 20th anniversary of the popular video game series, Kingdom Hearts will soon be coming to the Nintendo Switch. The official YouTube channel for the games shared a trailer showing off some of what fans can look forward to with this 20th anniversary celebration.
- Kingdom Hearts will be coming to the Nintendo Switch in an all-in-one bundle that includes Cloud versions of Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5, 2.8 and 3 (+Re Mind).
- There will also be all kinds of Kingdom Hearts anniversary merchandise available. The merchandise will vary by region.
- Fans will also see an offline version of Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross] where they will be able to view the full story in Theater Mode.
- The final chapter of Kingdom Hearts Dark Road arrives later this year.
- And finally, a 20th anniversary event will be coming as well, but no further information has been given at this time.
- You can check out the trailer for yourself below:
About the “Kingdom Hearts” Series:
- Kingdom Hearts is a series of role-playing games created through the collaboration of Disney and Square Enix. Since the first Kingdom Hearts was released in March 2002 for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, the series has expanded with several additional entries. The series celebrated its 15th anniversary in 2017 and has shipped over 33 million units worldwide. Most-recently, Kingdom Hearts III, in 2019, allowed players to join forces with Donald Duck and Goofy for the adventure of a lifetime traveling across worlds based on beloved films like Disney•Pixar’s Toy Story, and Monsters, Inc., and Walt Disney Studios’ Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Hero 6, Tangled, Frozen and more. Since launch, the critically-acclaimed RPG has shipped more than five million units globally, both physically and digitally, making it the fastest selling game in the history of the series.