MRC Live & Alternative and ABC announced today that the Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2022 50th year celebration will feature the show’s first-ever Spanish language countdown with Puerto Rico as the inaugural host destination.
- Yes, it’s time to start thinking about the arrival of 2022! ABC and MRC Live & Alternative are pleased to announce that Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2022 will include the show’s first ever Spanish language countdown.
- In addition to coverage from Times Square and other North American locations, Puerto Rico will serve as the destination for Spanish language countdown festivities. The show broadcast from the grounds of the Puerto Rico Convention Center and DISTRITO T-Mobile.
- This year also marks an exciting and monumental year for Puerto Rico’s as the capital city of San Juan celebrates its 500th anniversary.
- Puerto Rico’s countdown will occur at 11:00 pm EST/12:00 am AST.
- The most-watched annual celebration will air Friday, December 31, live on ABC at 8:00 pm EST.
About the New Year’s Eve Broadcast:
- In his 17th year, headlining host Ryan Seacrest will oversee New Year’s festivities in Times Square.
- The show sets the stage to ring in the new year with more than five and a half hours of dynamic performances airing until 2:00 am EST and gives viewers a look at New Year’s celebrations from around the globe.
- Details around co-hosts, performers in Times Square and additional locations will be announced closer to show night.
What They’re Saying:
- MRC Live and Alternative President Adam Stotsky: “As we expand the footprint of New Year’s Rockin’ Eve, we’re proud to broadcast from Puerto Rico as we showcase the vibrant multicultural destination to commemorate this milestone year for the iconic New Year’s celebration.”
- Rob Mills, executive vice president, Unscripted and Alternative Entertainment, Walt Disney Television: “As we prepare to leave 2021 behind and look to the promising year ahead, we’re so happy to be working alongside MRC to celebrate this momentous anniversary of Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2022. This show has solidified its place in television history as the must-watch New Year’s Eve special, and the upcoming 50th year will be a can’t-miss event with the biggest names in entertainment.”
- Governor Pedro Pierluisi: “We are very excited to host Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2022 on our Island and to count on this high-caliber event to project the greatness of Puerto Rico and our people. This celebration not only allows Puerto Ricans to enjoy this great historic event; it also speaks to diverse communities around the world that our Island is ready to receive tourism and foster economic development. We have so much to offer as a destination, and New Year’s Rockin’ Eve will be a testament to all that Puerto Rico has to offer.”
- Brad Dean, CEO of Discover Puerto Rico: “This iconic moment further elevates Puerto Rico as a must-visit destination for 2022. We could not think of a better way to celebrate this New Year than with a first-ever, historic commemoration, welcoming record-breaking visitor numbers during high season. We invite travelers everywhere to start their 2022 alongside us.”