Joel Fields and Joe Weisberg, the creative team behind The Americans are back at FX with a new limited series, The Patient. The half-hour psychological thriller stars Steve Carell (The Office) as a psychotherapist held prisoner by one of his patients.
- FX has announced that pickup of a half-hour limited series The Patient, starring Steve Carell that’s being described as
- a psychological thriller.
- The ten-episode series hails from Joel Fields and Joe Weisberg who created FX’s acclaimed series The Americans.
- Fields and Weisberg serve as Executive Producers and will write The Patient. Carell will also serve as an executive producer along with Caroline Moore and Victor Hsu. The series will be produced by FX Productions.
- Steve Carell will play “Alexander Strauss,” a psychiatrist who has recently lost his wife. Behind his cerebral, sensitive exterior, he has yet to plumb the depths of his own pain and loss.
- “A psychotherapist finds himself held prisoner by a serial killer with an unusual request: curb his homicidal urges. But unwinding the mind of this man while also dealing with the waves of his own repressed troubles creates a journey perhaps as treacherous as his captivity.”
What They’re Saying:
- Eric Schrier, President, FX Entertainment: “We are excited that Joe and Joel are back with their next series for FX after the great experience of working with them on six amazing seasons of The Americans. Their creative instincts and mastery of plot and character are on display again with The Patient, which will showcase Steve Carell’s remarkable talents as an actor, producer and creative collaborator.”