This afternoon, Walt Disney World announced that Disney Genie and accompanying services will launch on October 19th. As this date approaches, the resort also highlighted some more details about the paid options Disney Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane options.
- Ahead of Disney Genie’s just-announced debut at Walt Disney World on October 19th, new details about the two paid services — Disney Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane — have also been released.
Disney Genie+ Additional Details
- First, as previously announced, Disney Genie+ will allow guests to book attraction return times one at a time.
- However, if a Disney Genie+ reservation is made for more than two hours into the future, guests will be able to make another selection in the meantime.
- Also, similar to the old FastPass system, once a reservation is redeemed, another Genie+ reservation can be made.
- There is no limit to the number of selections you can make in a day.
- However, you can only do each attraction via Disney Genie+ once.
- Disney Genie+ will cost $15 per person, per day at Walt Disney World.
- Annual Passholders will only be able to purchase Disney Genie+ on the day of their visit.
- Also, in addition to the attraction-booking abilities, Disney Genie+ will unlock short audio tours, AR lenses, and other features for Walt Disney World guests to enjoy.
Individual Lightning Lane Additional Details
- One of the biggest questions surrounding Individual Lightning Lane options has been the prices this service will charge.
- At launch, Individual Lightning Lane booking will cost between $7 and $15 per day.
- These prices will fluctuate depending on the day and attraction — however, at launch, they will not change during the day.
- Some example prices from the launch include:
- Expedition Everest costing $7 on a weekday or weekend (October 19th vs. October 23rd)
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train costing $10 on October 19th and $12 on October 23rd
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure costing $9 on October 19th and $11 on October 23rd
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance costing $15 each day.
- Again, these are just examples and are subject to change.
- As a reminder, guests can only book two Individual Lightning Lane selections per day, even if they hop to another park. Guests can also not book the same attraction twice.
- Individual Lightning Lane purchases are limited and can sell out.
- For the full list of Individual Lightning Lane options, check out our other post.