Adventure Island, the neighboring water park to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, has announced the addition of two thrilling new slides to open next March.
- The first slide, the all-new Rapids Racer, will have guests grab a two-person raft, racing through 600 feet of slide, along with low walls so you can see your opponents while racing. The thrill is amplified as guests pass through the world’s first dueling saucers.
- The second new slide is actually more of a rebranding of an old favorite. The former Wahoo Run, now known as Wahoo Remix, will be the first water slide at Adventure Island to feature synchronized light and sound elements. Enclosed tunnels that were once completely dark will now be illuminated and riders glide through over 600 feet of excitement.
- Both slides will open just in time for spring break in March 2022.
- Adventure Island recently announced that they are now open year round, with the addition of heaters and comfortable water temperatures.
- Another recent addition is the Hang Ten Tiki Bar. Located in the center of the park between Rapids Racer and Wahoo Remix, this is the park’s first full-service bar. Featuring hand-crafted Tiki cocktails, local brews and a selection of rum from across the globe.
What They’re Saying:
- Neal Thurman, Park President of Busch Gardens and Adventure Island said: “The all-new Rapids Racer and new enhancements to another fan-favorite attraction with Wahoo Remix will elevate the Adventure Island guest experience in an unprecedented way in 2022. With recently announced year-round operations, it’s going to be a momentous year for water park fans, as our guests can now splash in the sun and take on thrills from January to December.”
About Adventure Island:
- Located right across the street from Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, Adventure Island is Tampa's Island paradise, featuring a combination of exhilarating water rides and tropical, tranquil surroundings. A fun-filled tropical atmosphere awaits, with adventurous water slides including Solar Vortex, Vanish Point™, Caribbean Corkscrew® and Colossal Curl™, cascading waterfalls, a 17,000-square-foot wave pool, children’s water playground called Fabian’s Funport® and other family attractions. Guests can dig their toes into the sand or relax in lounge chairs or a private cabana. Visit AdventureIsland.com for more information.