Marvel Studios’ Eternals just held its world premiere at Disney’s El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood. Now that the first audience has seen the film, attendees have taken to Twitter to share their first reactions ahead of more detailed reviews being written. Our own Mike Mack was in attendance and here’s what he thought.
“Game Changer” is a consistent message in a lot of the reactions.
There’s a lot of praise going around for Oscar-winning director Chloe Zhao.
There is some criticism, most of which is about the pacing of the film and the scope of the project.
Still, no one can say that Marvel Studios was playing it safe with this release.
This sort of goes without saying for a Marvel movie, but if you’re heading to see the film on November 5th, stay all the way through the credits.
Apparently, this end credit tag is a big deal.
- Marvel Studios’ Eternals welcomes a new team of Super Heroes to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The epic story, starting at the beginning of civilization and spanning thousands of years, features a group of immortal heroes forced out of the shadows to reunite against mankind’s oldest enemy, The Deviants.
- Richard Madden as the all-powerful Ikaris
- Gemma Chan as humankind-loving Sersi
- Kumail Nanjiani as cosmic-powered Kingo
- Lauren Ridloff as the super-fast Makkari
- Brian Tyree Henry as the intelligent inventor Phastos
- Salma Hayek as the wise and spiritual leader Ajak
- Lia McHugh as the eternally young, old-soul Sprite
- Don Lee as the powerful Gilgamesh
- Barry Keoghan as aloof loner Druig
- Angelina Jolie as the fierce warrior Thena
- Kit Harington plays Dane Whitman