Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat; call in the spirits, wherever they're at! While not yet officially confirmed, it seems likely that Jamie Lee Curtis will be portraying Madame Leota in Disney’s upcoming Haunted Mansion film.
- It was confirmed at D23 Expo 2022 that Jamie Lee Curtis will in fact be starring as Madame Leota in the Haunted Mansion.
- Curtis herself came out on stage in amusing fashion, inside a Doom Buggy!
- Attendees of The Walt Disney Studios panel got to see an exclusive preview of the film, presented by director Justin Simien.
- The only confirmation we have of Curtis’ portrayal of Madame Leota is an Instagram post she shared on her own Instagram, to which she simply commented with a crystal ball emoji.
- The Haunted Mansion will open in theaters on March 10th, 2023.
- Haunted Mansion stars:
- LaKeith Stanfield
- Tiffany Haddish
- Owen Wilson
- Danny DeVito
- Rosario Dawson
- Chase Dillon
- The film was directed by Justin Simien and produced by Dan Lin and Jonathan Eirich. Nick Reynolds and Tom Peitzman are the executive producers.
Haunted Mansion Logline:
- “In this mysterious adventure, a doctor (Dawson) and her 9-year-old son (Dillon), looking to start a new life, move into a strangely affordable mansion in New Orleans, only to discover that the place is much more than they bargained for. Desperate for help, they contact a priest (Wilson), who, in turn, enlists the aid of a widowed scientist-turned failed-paranormal expert (Stanfield), a French Quarter psychic (Haddish) and a crotchety historian (DeVito).”