Proximity Media, in collaboration with Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment, has announced an upcoming six-episode podcast about the making of the highly anticipated film Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, opening in theaters nationwide on November 11th.
- Wakanda Forever: The Official Black Panther Podcast explores the next chapter in the story of Wakanda and honors the remarkable legacy of Chadwick Boseman.
- National Book Award-winning author, journalist, and writer for Marvel Comics’ Black Panther Ta-Nehisi Coates serves as host and writer. Proximity’s Head of Audio Paola Mardo serves as producer, as well as executive producer alongside Proximity’s founders Ryan Coogler, Zinzi Coogler, and Sev Ohanian.
- A preview of the show, which is the first podcast from Proximity Media’s new audio division, is now available across all major podcast platforms including Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
- Debuting November 3rd, the first episode features a conversation between Coates and director and co-writer Ryan Coogler. The two artists and friends reflect on the cultural impact of Black Panther, the legacy of Chadwick Boseman and his inspiration to the cast and crew.
- Subsequent episodes will be available weekly in January 2023, celebrating the five-year anniversary of the first Black Panther film. Guests will include cast and crew, including stars Angela Bassett and Dominique Thorne; score and soundtrack composer and producer Ludwig Göransson; production designer Hannah Beachler; director of photography Autumn Durald Arkapaw; co-writer Joe Robert Cole; producers Kevin Feige and Nate Moore; and more.
- Each episode, in tandem with guests’ conversation, will weave host narration, Göransson’s original score, film clips and field recordings.
- Story editing for the podcast is by James Kim. Audio editing is by Cameron Kell and Cedric Wilson. Sound design and additional music is by Pat Mesiti-Miller. Audio engineering is by Lauryn Newson. Production assistance is from Polina Cherezova.
What They’re Saying:
- Proximity’s Head of Audio Paola Mardo said: “Ever since Ryan, Zinzi, and Sev entrusted Proximity's Audio division with this project, our goal has been to tell the story of the making of Black Panther: Wakanda Forever with as much heart and authenticity as the film itself. With our premiere episode, we've accomplished this goal while breaking new ground in the process, thanks to the awesome collaboration between our incredible host Ta-Nehisi Coates, our talented podcast production team, and our collaborators at Marvel and Disney.”
- Podcast host and writer Ta-Nehisi Coates said: “There is no storyteller I admire more than Ryan Coogler. Any chance to partner with him, Proximity Media and Marvel, is a worthy one. For that opportunity to be a chronicle of the making of Black Panther: Wakanda Forever was simply too good to pass up.”