In the continuing saga of Bob Iger’s return as CEO of The Walt Disney Company, we have now learned what Iger’s salary and compensation package will be.
- Returning as CEO as of last night, replacing outgoing CEO Bob Chapek, Iger will earn a $1 million base salary, according to public filings.
- Iger is also entitled to an annual bonus of up to $1 million, along with a long-term incentive award with a target value of $25 million for each year of his contract, meaning he could potentially earn up to $27 million.
- Compare that to Iger’s compensation in his last year with the company, which totaled $45.9 million. In 2020 he earned $21.0 million, $47.5 million in the year before that and $65.6 million in fiscal 2018.
- Iger’s previous base salary in 2021 was $3 million.
- Meanwhile, filings have not stated what kind of severance package Chapek received, although it's rumored to be at least $20 million.
- Filings did however say that Chapek was fired “without cause.”
- Iger’s new deal as Chief Executive Officer commenced on November 20th, 2022 and runs through on December 31st, 2024.
More Walt Disney Company Executive Changes: