Earlier this week, The Muppets announced that they would be prominently featured in a new permanent exhibit celebrating Entertainment History at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History.
- The National Museum of American History has opened their permanent installation celebrating the nation’s entertainment history, Entertainment Nation.
- As part of the new, permanent, installation, visitors will be able to see Jim Henson’s original Kermit the Frog puppet in a display celebrating The Muppets. Alongside the original Kermit, other Muppet characters can be seen in the exhibit which also features iconic pieces from cinema history.
- Also featured are items from The Wizard of Oz, Star Wars, Sesame Street, and more in an exhibit that is complete with immersive surround-sound, enhancing the listening experience for museum visitors.
- Through the National Museum of American History’s extraordinary collection of theater, music, sports, movie and television objects, the exhibition Entertainment Nation will feature a powerful, ever-changing selection of objects and interactive experiences. Through the objects and their stories, the exhibition will explore how, for over 150 years, entertainment has provided a forum for important national conversations about who we are, and who we want to be.
- After years of building, collecting and perfecting, the Smithsonian National Museum of American History opened Entertainment Nation on December 9th, 2022.