As is quite often done during construction of new Disney theme park projects, EPCOT Cast Members had the opportunity to sign their names on a steel beam that will be part of the areas under construction in World Celebration.
- Joined by Walt Disney World President Jeff Vahle and Jason Kirk, Senior Vice President Operations, EPCOT Cast Members gathered to sign their names on a steel beam that will be part of World Celebration later this year.
- Disney did not state where this beam will be placed, but it will likely either be for CommuniCore Hall or Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana.
- CommuniCore Hall and CommuniCore Plaza, a multi-use facility and outdoor event space, respectively, will bring the park’s international festivals to the center of EPCOT.
- CommuniCore Plaza will have the flexibility to host intimate musical performances that extend out into the nearby gardens, and CommuniCore Hall will be a flexible exhibition and gallery space, offering a wide variety of experiences that highlight art, live music, food – complete with a demonstration kitchen – and more.
- In addition, adjacent to CommuniCore Hall will be a new Mickey & Friends location where you can meet some of your favorite Disney pals.
- Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana will open in late 2023, inviting guests to follow the story of water on the planet, inspired by Moana’s connection to the ocean.
- The attraction, a walk-through exploration trail, will invite guests to meet and play with magical, living water. Just like in the ocean (as seen in Moana), the water will have a personality all its own, helping guests learn how to protect the natural water cycle in a fun and engaging way.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Walt Disney World travel planning