The best fans in the entire galaxy are counting down the days to May the Fourth when they can fully celebrate Star Wars Day in style! Dozens of terrific merchandise collections have already been revealed and there’s more on the way. Fashion brand Kith is bringing fans a fun apparel and home goods assortment inspired by the 40th Anniversary of Return of the Jedi launching next week.
(Please note this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by providing us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
- Kith has announced its new Star Wars-inspired collection of adults and kids’ apparel, accessories, and home goods in celebration of the 40th anniversary of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.
- Archival illustrations, graphics and movie posters were reimagined through Kith’s lens to create a range of designs with premium execution. Standouts in the collection include:
- Anniversary Varsity Jacket
- Jedi Varsity Jacket
- Stormtrooper Coaches Jacket
- C-3PO Quarter Zip pull-over
- This collection marks the second collaboration between Lucasfilm and Kith and launches on Star Wars Day, May the 4th, at Kith shops globally and on Kith.com.
- The collection will also release at Kith’s shop-in- shops at Bergdorf Goodman, Hirshleifers, and Selfridges.
NYC Launch on May 3rd:
- To celebrate the launch of the collection, Kith will host a special first-look event on May 3rd at the Village East by Angelika Theater in New York City.
- Kith will debut the collection one-day early with a full takeover of the theater that will evoke the spirit of when Star Wars: Return of the Jedi first debuted in 1983, with guests enjoying a screening of the film on the big screen, themed food and beverage, and more.
- Tickets to attend are free and will only be available via drawings exclusively on the Kith App.
- The drawings go live at 9AM EDT on Friday, April 28th and close at 11:59PM EDT on Sunday, April 30th.
- Attendees will be selected by 12PM EDT on Monday, May 1st, and will be notified via email and on the Kith App.
What They’re Saying:
- Ronnie Fieg: “I love cinema, and some of my favorite memories are going to the theater with my friends growing up. Movies have shaped the way I see the world, and Star Wars especially has had a major impact on me. Being able to reimagine illustrations, graphics, and characters from their archive through my lens has been a dream come true.”
- Paul Gitter, Executive Vice President of Global Brand Commercialization at The Walt Disney Company: “Collaborating with Ronnie and the Kith team across multiple Disney brands has allowed us to expand our storytelling and product offerings to today’s cultural pioneers. “Return of the Jedi is a film that is a vital part of the Star Wars identity, and Kith has captured the essence of this iconic film through a collection that is simultaneously nostalgic and modern, appealing to both global Star Wars fans and Kith consumers.”
Follow along for more Star Wars fun by checking our Star Wars Day tag page that features the latest news, reviews, merchandise and more. May the Force Be With You!