An all-new 20/20 will investigate the mystery of a body found in a barrel at Nevada's Lake Mead. This will feature exclusive interviews with the niece of an alleged mob whistleblower and former FBI agent. ABC will premiere this episode on May 4.
- Since the 1930s, Lake Mead — a picturesque reservoir outside of Las Vegas — has been the site of over 300 drownings, making it one of the deadliest lakes in America.
- However, it wasn’t until recently that Lake Mead’s truly sinister history came to light.
- As environmental crises like drought, warming temperatures, and diminishing water supply have caused the reservoir to recede, people have discovered bodies in the lake.
- In a special edition of 20/20, ABC News contributor Chris Connelly investigates the secrets of Lake Mead and details how authorities are using DNA evidence to crack cases that had long gone cold.
- The program features an exclusive interview with Patricia Haas, who details her tireless journey to solve the mysterious disappearance of her alleged mob-linked uncle at Lake Mead.
- 20/20 also has an exclusive interview with former FBI Special Agent Deborah Richard, who provides insight into the history of organized crime in Las Vegas.
- Additionally, the one-hour special has interviews with officers from the Las Vegas Metro Police, families of the victims of Lake Mead, Lake Mead experts and Las Vegas historians.
- 20/20 airs at 10:01 p.m. on Thursday, May 4, on ABC, next day on Hulu.