As part of the Gran Destino Tower, Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort is debuting a new dining experience. Tolédo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood is the new rooftop table-service restaurant that offers fine food and fantastic views.
The restaurant is named after the Spanish city that was home to avant-garde writers and artists in the 1920s and ‘30s, therefore it is fitting that the decor features surrealistic touches. Inside, the restaurant features a pair of large olive trees that sit below an intricate vaulted ceiling with stained-glass accents.
In addition, the location features sweeping views of Walt Disney World.
The menu is inspired by the flavors of Spain. The chefs have the goal of featuring ingredients that are either indigenous to Spain or are imported from Spain.
Here are some highlights according to our friends at Disney:
- Your culinary adventure can being with tapas from the Basque region of Spain. An onstage tapas kitchen serves small plates, charcuteríá, and cheeses.
- Guests can also choose from Cazuelas – chef interpretations of classic recipes presented in a traditional Spanish terra cotta dish.
- Entrees include rioja-braised chicken, Spanish-style bone-in ribeye or golden tilefish (100% sustainable seafood).
- Spanish sides include bravas (potatoes) with pimento aioli, braised gigante beans with aged sherry vinegar, and roasted cauliflower with harissa vinaigrette.
- Three signature desserts from the Master Pastry Chef include the Tapas Bar, which includes a crunchy chocolate bar with bite-sized flavors of Spanish coffee, crunchy chocolate, raspberry mousse and a lemon curd.
In addition, the restaurant features an extensive wine list featuring options from California and from Spain.
Look for more information about Tolédo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood, including a full review, on Laughing Place in the coming days.