Update: (12/11/2019): Good news! In addition to physical Disney+ Gift Subscription Cards, Disney has introduced a digital version as well. Guests can purchase a 1-year gift subscriptions for $69.99 by visiting: subscriptioncard.disneyplus.com.
With the holiday season just around the corner, you may be looking at a year of Disney+ as the best gift for your friends and family. Unfortunately, Disney has yet to make it easy to do with no “Gift a subscription” option and no way to use a Disney Gift Card as a payment method (UPDATE (11/25/19): Disney Stores and Disney Parks are now selling 12-month subscription cards that can be gifted to new subscribers, although they are not yet available online). But don’t worry, there’s a workaround. Our step-by-step guide will walk you through a few options for gifting subscriptions to Disney+ this holiday season.
The steps to gifting a Disney+ subscription are:
- Navigate to DisneyPlus.com
- Click “Start Free Trial”
- Enter the email address of the person you’re gifting a subscription or enter your own email address and change it to their email on the day you gift it.
- Create a password that will be easy for the receiver to remember. They will be able to change it when they log in.
- Select the plan you’d like to give.
- Enter your credit card details or your PayPal account. NOTE: The payment method you enter is what will be used at the next payment interval, be it a month or a year from now. If you only intend to give a month or a year, please make sure the receiver is prepared to change their payment method to keep the service at the end of that period or you will be charged again. You may be able to counter this by using a prepaid credit card.
And that’s it! To maximize the time your recipient has with their account, we recommend creating their account as close to the day you plan on gifting it as possible. With the free first week promotion, you’ll actually be gifting them an additional week beyond the option you choose. Hopefully Disney+ makes it easier to gift a subscription in the future. Until then, happy holidays!