- The first two celebrities competing for the Mirror Ball Trophy on the 30th season of Dancing with the Stars have been revealed.
- Gold medal Olympian Suni Lee and pop star JoJo Siwa have officially entered the competition.
- Both stars will appear on ABC’s Good Morning America on Friday, August 27th, to share their excitement about stepping onto the dance floor.
- ABC will announce the rest of the cast for season 30 on Wednesday, September 8th.
- Season 30 of Dancing with the Stars premieres Monday, September 20th at 8:00 pm ET.
- Dancing with the Stars is produced by BBC Studios’ Los Angeles production arm for ABC.
- The news was announced at the TCA Summer Press Tour.
About Suni Lee:
Sunisa “Suni” Lee is a three-time Olympic medalist, taking home the esteemed gold medal as the all-around champion in women’s gymnastics at the 2020 Olympic Games. As the first Hmong-American Olympian, her story is more than just triumph, it’s one of representation. Born and raised in Minnesota, Lee’s journey now takes her to Alabama, where she will compete as a college freshman this fall at Auburn University. At just 18 years old, Lee hopes to inspire and empower her peers and the next generation to work hard toward their passions and achieve their dreams.
About JoJo Siwa:
JoJo Siwa is a global superstar, singer, television and film star, bestselling author and social media sensation. Siwa has over 60.5 million followers on social media and over 3.6 billion views on YouTube. In 2020, she was named one of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People. A consumer products powerhouse, her famous JoJo Siwa bow has sold more than 80 million bows globally to date. Next, Siwa will star in and executive produce “The J Team,” a new live-action musical premiering on Paramount+. Siwa also serves as creative director and executive producer of the upcoming series “Siwa’s Dance Pop Revolution” on Peacock.