Disney recently revealed their latest expansion of the Disney Vacation Club with the conversion of part of the Grand Floridian hotel into new resort studios that will join newly refurbished deluxe studios as well as one, two and three bedroom villas. While this is not the previously announced Reflections Resort, it remains an exciting development.
So how does a resort studio differ from a deluxe studio? Where here is the rundown:
Converted Resort Studios:
- Sleeps up to five guests with two queen-size beds and a day bed
- Feature quartz countertops, ornate crown molding, and luxury patterned tile
- Flat-screen TV
- Beverage center with a beverage cooler and coffee maker
- Bathroom with marble tile floors and a combo bath/shower
Refurbished Deluxe Studios:
- Sleeps up to five guests with a new pull-down queen-size bed, a queen-size bed, and a pull-down bunk-size bed
- New textiles throughout the studio
- Flat-screen TV
- Kitchenette, which includes a wet bar, small refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker
- Split bathroom with marble tile floors and a shower and sink in one section, and a tub in another.
So which room type is better? For those that enjoy a hotel type experience or those on short stays, the resort studios will provide a familiar experience. Those with larger families, or those who enjoy making their own breakfast, will enjoy the more “Disney Vacation Club style” accommodations of the deluxe studios.
No matter which option you choose you will enjoy the Victorian elegance, including Mary Poppins inspired touches, and the new walkway that connects the hotel to the Magic Kingdom. You also have access to all the fantastic dining nearby including the recently remodeled Citricos and the waterfront Nacrossee’s.
Those staying at the non-Disney Vacation Club part of the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will also have a new experience soon. The entire resort will be getting a grand makeover. So while we mourn Reflections, we can celebrate that the grandest hotel in the Disney resort portfolio will be polished to shine as bright as she should.