Beginning February 10th, guests that have MagicBands shipped to their home, and have completed online check-in will be able to receive an email or text message with their room number so they can bypass the front desk.
Guests will still have the option of visiting the front desk of their resort if they choose.
Last week, Disney sent a memo to travel agents announcing a new resort policy scheduled to begin on February 10 that allows qualified visitors to bypass the front desk check-in process. Guests must:
- Have Magic Bands mailed to their home.
- Complete the full check-in process in advance, including paying in full for their reservation or setting up a credit card and PIN.
- Provide a method of communication (an email address or phone number where the can reached via text).
Those who meets these requirements receive an email before their arrival with their room number and the ability to go directly to their room after being met by a cast member curbside.
The roll-out schedule is as follows.
- February 10 – Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, and Disney’s Port Orleans Resort
- February 25 – Disney’s Boardwalk Inn, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, and Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
- March 10 – Disney’s All Star Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Resort, Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, Disney’s Old Key West Resort, and Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa