Disney and Lucasfilm have released a set of new character posters for their upcoming film Solo: A Star Wars Story.
- The new set of posters feature designs for nine different characters:
- Han (Alden Ehrenreich)
- Qi’ra (Emilia Clarke)
- Lando (Donald Glover)
- Val (Thandie Newton)
- Chewbacca (Joonas Suotamo)
- Beckett (Woody Harrelson)
- Dryden (Paul Bettany)
- L3-37 (Phoebe Waller-Bridge)
- and Rio (Jon Favreau)
ICYMI — Solo’s flight path:
- When the first character posters for Solo: A Star Wars Story were released earlier this year, a French artist accused Disney of plagiarizing artwork he created for a series of Sony Music compilations. Disney said at the time, “The posters were created by an outside vendor and it’s something we are currently looking into.”
- The film was originally set to be directed by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, who previously helmed The Lego Movie, 21 Jump Street, and other films. Mere weeks before filming was set to wrap, Lucasfilm announced it had parted ways with the duo, citing “artistic differences.” Ron Howard was confirmed to direct a few days later.
- Fans got a first look at Solo during the Super Bowl, with a teaser trailer debuting the following day.
- A full trailer for the film was released earlier this month. You can check out Ryan’s analysis of that clip here.
- As you’d expect, plenty of Solo: A Star Wars Story merchandise has already been released, including toys, apparel, and much more. Bekah rounded up the best of these items here.
In related news:
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios will celebrate the release of Solo this summer with the latest installment of Star Wars: Galactic Nights. The event will feature specialty merchandise, food, an appearance by Joonas Suotamo, and much more. Tickets for the event are $129 for adults and are now on sale.
Solo: A Star Wars Story flies into theatres May 25th.