Disney fans in China are now able soar through the skies on a specially themed Toy Story plane, thanks to a cooperation between Disney and China Eastern Airlines. The colorful plane features Buzz Lightyear on the exterior with his sights set to “infinity and beyond.” Take a look:
What we know:
- Earlier today, the Disney Parks Blog shared the exciting news that Toy Story has taken to the skies! China Eastern Airlines, in a cooperation with Disney has designed a new Toy Story Plane. The themed plane is bright blue and features many of the Toy Story characters including:
- Buzz Lightyear
- Slinky Dog
- Mr. Potato Head, and of course
- The Toy Story Plane took its first flight over the weekend. The airline is currently flying the themed plane between Beijing and Shanghai with additional Chinese cities added at a later date.
- The Hongqiao International Airport in Shanghai has added Toy Story characters to the departure terminal within the airport. Guests flying on the Toy Story Plane will also receive a commemorative boarding pass as part of the unique experience.
ICYMI—Other Toy Story News:
- Shanghai Disneyland just opened their Toy Story Land this past week. This marks the first expansion at park which opened two years ago on June 16th. Hong Kong Disneyland and Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris also have Toy Story Lands in their parks.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be opening their Toy Story Land on June 30th. Kyle was able to get a sneak peek of the construction process in March—100 days from the Grand Opening. Jeremiah was invited to check up on the progress of the new Land last week, including the addition of our favorite cowboy.
- Disney and Pop Secret created a cute As Told By Emoji video promoting a day at Toy Story Land in Hollywood Studios.
- In anticipation for the Grand Opening in of the new Land in Florida, guests staying at Walt Disney World hotels can now book FastPass+ for the Toy Story Land attractions. Resorts guests will also be able to take advantage of daily, morning Extra Magic Hours at Hollywood Studios in addition to the weekly offerings at the other three parks.
- Disney released the fun menu offerings that will be a part of the new Toy Story Land.