At its NewFronts presentation this morning, Disney Digital Network make a number of announcements about their upcoming content slate, including the launch of their Disney Eats brand.
- According to Variety, Disney Eats will showcase “a diverse culinary adventure inspired by Disney’s cast of characters and the many flavors of Disney Parks around the world.”
- Disney Eats programming will be made in conjunction with the popular brand Tastemade.
- Programming on Disney Eats will include various Disney-inspired recipes. Additionally, Tastemade will create Disney-related episodes of their shows such as “Kitchen Little” and “Tiny Kitchen.”
- New cooking products designed for “co-cooking” will also be featured on ShopDisney.com.
Oh My Disney App:
- Disney is launching a new, free app with curated Oh My Disney content.
- This will include select Maker Studios creators as well as content from Disney brands.
- The app is set to debut this summer.
- Oh My Disney also recently introduced a line of pool toys and accessories themed to The Little Mermaid.
Star Wars Season of the Fan:
- DDN will roll out a cross-network campaign this summer dubbed “Star Wars Season of the Fan.”
- “Season of the Fan” will include a new docu-series “Our Star Wars Stories” featuring various Star Wars diehards sharing their fandom tales
- Disney will also bring back the Star Wars Fan Film Awards, with winners being featured on a special episode of “The Star Wars Show.”
The Disney Digital Network Slate:
- “Club Mickey Mouse” (Oh My Disney): Club Mickey Mouse returns in a back-to-school special with new celebrity mentors, dance videos, original music videos, and all the behind-the-scenes action with the Mouseketeers.
- “Disney Backstage Podcast” (Oh My Disney): Disney Digital Network’s first podcast series will bring listeners behind the scenes and into the history and heritage of the Walt Disney Co. The first episode will give audiences an inside look at the making of the Walt Disney Animation Studios’ film “The Lion King.”
- “Kitchen Little” (Disney Eats/Tastemade): Kids call the shots as they team up with celebrity chefs to recreate Disney-themed recipes in new episodes of the Tastemade-produced series.
- “Tiny Kitchen” (Disney Eats/Tastemade): Culinary artists will create miniature replicas of the too-good-not-to-eat foods from beloved Disney films.
- “Must Be Science” (Disney Eats/Tastemade): The worlds of food and science collide in this new series, which tests Disney food experiments using ingredients you can find in your kitchen.
- “Designing Disney” (Disney Style): Series on Facebook Watch spotlighting artists who design, sew, style and create crafts — centered on something Disney-related, naturally.
- “Disney Dream Job” (Disney Family): Show follows five children as they work with Disney cast members, from animators to Imagineers, to live out their dream for a day. Disney Dream Job will premiere on Facebook Watch and will later be distributed on Disney.com.
- “Most Extra Parents” (Babble): Awards that recognize parents who go the extra mile to make family time a little more special.
- “90 Days of Mickey Mouse”: Disney Digital Network will countdown to the 90th anniversary of Mickey Mouse with 90 days of original Mickey themed content. The countdown will feature new show episodes and series from Oh My Disney, Disney Style, and Disney Family.