In an exclusive this afternoon, The Hollywood Reporter writes that actress Annette Bening will join the cast of Marvel’s Captain Marvel. THR notes that Captain Marvel will mark Bening’s first superhero film. Moviegoers will recognize the actress from her notable roles in The American President, American Beauty, and The Kids are Alright
- According to The Hollywood Reporter, actress Annette Bening is joining the cast of Captain Marvel.
- Her role has not been released yet, but it’s believed that scientist will be included in her job description.
- Captain Marvel will be Bening’s first superhero film.
- Bening’s resume indicates that she prefers working with smaller studios. She’s found much success in the industry and had been nominated for four Academy Awards.
- Captain Marvel will take place in the 90’s –years prior to the Avengers Initiative that currently makes up the MCU.
More Captain Marvel news:
- In February it was announced that Gemma Chen had been cast as Minn-Erva in the upcoming film.
- Principle photography for the film began in March along with the announcement that Samuel L. Jackson, Clark Gregg, Djimon Hounsou, and Lee Pace would all be returning to the MCU.
- Anna Bowen and Ryan Fleck are directing the film. Both directors also had part in writing the screenplay. Bowen is the first female director helming a MCU film. Also of note, this movie is the first from Marvel with a female lead.
- Brie Larson stars as Carol Danvers, the alter ego of the titular Captain Marvel.
- Captain Marvel will debut March 8, 2019 before joining Earth’s Mightiest Heroes in Avengers 4.
- Catch up on the backstory of Carol Danvers and read our review of Captain Marvel #1.
- If that’s not enough, fans will be able to read a new take on Danvers with the July release of The Life of Captain Marvel #1.