With Toy Story Land set to open June 30th at Disney’s Hollywood Studios — which includes a new entrance or Toy Story Mania — many have wondered what would become of the current Pixar Place area of the park. Today, Disney confirmed that the area will indeed be closing once Toy Story Land arrives.
- When Toy Story Land opens, there will be a new entrance for Toy Story Mania.
- As a result, the walkway that is now Pixar Place will not be needed for entry into Toy Story Mania. That said, Guests may be able to walk through it from time to time.
- With the new entrance, fans can also look forward to the return of Mr. Potato Head.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios also previewed some of the new merchandise that will be available for the opening of Toy Story Land.
- New items include apparel, accessories, headwear, and of course toys.
- Some of the new toys available include miniature versions of the Alien Swirling Saucer ride vehicles.
- Another surefire hit is the launching Slinky Dog Dash playset.
- Naturally, merchandise specific to the grand opening of the new land will also be available.
ICYMI — Toy Story Land
- Today’s media event was the third in a series leading up to the opening of Toy Story Land. In the first, Imagineers and Cast Members celebrated 100 days to opening by sharing more about developing the area. Then last month we got a look at the then newly-installed marquee for the land featuring Woody.
- This week, ABC announced that it would be airing special sneak peeks at Toy Story Land during their broadcast of the Toy Story 3 tonight (May 23rd). The interstitials will be hosted by Zach Braff (Alex, Inc) and Eden Sher (The Middle).
Toy Story Land officially opens at Disney’s Hollywood Studios June 30th.