ESPN+ will debut today Ariel & The Bad Guy, a weekly MMA program hosted by award-winning mixed martial arts (MMA) journalist Ariel Helwani, alongside ESPN MMA analyst, Chael Sonnen. The show will be available today exclusively in the United States on ESPN+
About Ariel & The Bad Guy:
- Fast-paced 30-minute weekly breakdown of the top stories, developments and upcoming fights.
- A new episode will be available on ESPN+ each Wednesday starting today.
- In addition to the regularly scheduled episodes, ESPN+ will stream special episodes before and after major mixed martial arts events.
About Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show:
- In addition, a new podcast will debut on Monday, June 25
- Each episode of Helwani’s podcast will be streamed live on Twitter
- Will also be available on the ESPN App, ESPN.com and wherever podcasts are available.
- ESPN+ is the direct-to-consumer service that delivers live events and on-demand content not seen on the linear ESPN networks
- The ESPN+ lineup includes 18 exclusive, live Top Rank events per year, dozens of fights from other Top Rank undercards, an unmatched library of the greatest fights in boxing history, and two exclusive, original boxing programs: The Boxing Beat with Dan Rafael (Tuesdays) and In This Corner (twice monthly).
- It also features hundreds of MLB, NHL and MLS games, Grand Slam tennis, PGA Tour golf, college sports, international rugby, cricket, the full library of ESPN Films (including 30 for 30) and more.
- Fans can subscribe to ESPN+ for just $4.99 a month (or $49.99 per year) and cancel at any time.
- ESPN+ is an integrated part of the completely redesigned ESPN App.
- According to The Hollywood Reporter, subscriptions to the service have exceeded expectations, but ESPN has not released numbers
- In addition to ESPN+, Disney expects to launch a Disney branded direct-to-consumer service in the second half of 2019 which will feature Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars content