There’s nothing quite as magical as the winter holidays that families around the world celebrate. Disney understands magic and holiday spirit and brings both together as only they can. Guests visiting the Walt Disney World Resort this fall and winter will be able to enjoy the most magical season of all with special offerings, events and more.
Winter Holidays at Walt Disney World:
- Disney has announced their holiday offerings for Walt Disney World. Guests will discover festive activities and treats at all four Parks, throughout the Resorts, and at Disney Springs.
- The magic of the season begins on November 8th.
- Guests are invited join in the holiday celebration at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party! The lovable mouse is hosting 22 parties this year that feature special castle shows, fireworks, tasty treats, Santa Claus, and more!
- Celebrate not only American holidays, but the holidays and traditions from all around the world during the International Festival of the Holidays. Starting on November 18th, guests will love this treasured time of the year that embraces cultures all over the globe.
- This festival is the perfect place to sample culinary delights from Holiday Kitchens; hear the traditional Christmas story told by a celebrity narrator joined by an orchestra and mass choir at the Candlelight Processional; admire stunning decorations throughout the park, and have some fun following Chip and Dale’s Christmas Tree Spree.
- From November 8th-January 6th, guests will enjoy festive entertainment and exciting holiday touches around the park including:
- The new Toy Story Land will feature special seasonal fun, such as holiday songs on Alien Swirling Saucers.
- Sunset Seasons Greetings returns this year with impressive new laser effects and “snow.” Guests will witness spectacular projections of beloved Disney Characters – Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Olaf and others – sharing their favorite seasonal stories as holiday magic transforms the famous Hollywood Tower Hotel into scenes of the season.
- The nighttime spectacular Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! will combine state-of-the-art projections, fireworks, special effects and music to create a one-of-a-kind holiday experience.
- Guests will meet Santa at the Once Upon a Time shop November 10th-December 24th, and Santa Goofy after he steps in December 25th.
- New this year, the magic of nature will receive a holiday touch with the inclusion of Diwali, the holiday Festival of Lights in India, as part of the new live show UP! A Great Bird Adventure. Starting November 8th, guests will join fun-loving pals Russell and Dug from Disney•Pixar’s Up in discovering some of the world’s most exotic birds.
Enjoy season at Disney Springs from November 8th-January 5th:
- Guests will stroll through the Christmas Tree Trail and view custom-decorated holiday trees, each dedicated to a popular Disney theme featuring characters like Mary Poppins, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, among others.
- At Santa’s Chalet, Santa Claus will accept Christmas wish lists and welcome guests. From December 25th-December 31st, Santa Goofy will take over after Old Saint Nick heads back to the North Pole.
- Guests will take part in Stitch’s Holiday Gift Hunt and discover where the mischievous Experiment 626 is hiding.
Disney Resort Hotels:
Resorts across Walt Disney World will be decked out for the holidays. Special offerings include:
- Life-size edible creations will take shape at select resorts. A holiday gingerbread house at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will be home to The Bake Shop, where guests will pick up holiday treats, including the namesake gingerbread. A life-size, edible spinning carousel is a holiday tradition at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, while a holiday village with a miniature train takes center stage at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort.
- In the lobbies of Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, guests will take in the grandeur of massive Christmas trees.
- No holiday is complete without a special dining experience. Holiday menus that celebrate the season will be found at restaurants throughout Walt Disney World. For holiday dining information and reservations, guests can call (407) WDW-DINE.
Ring in the New Year at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel:
- Guests staying at Walt Disney World over the holidays can welcome 2019 at one of two New Year’s Eve celebrations at Disney’s Contemporary Resort:
- Pixar Party: A New Year’s Eve Celebration
- Disney Countdown to Midnight
- Both parties include the option to purchase VIP access to the Ink and Paint Club. Each celebration will feature entertainment, music, food and refreshments, plus a viewing of the Magic Kingdom New Year’s Eve fireworks.