This morning Disney announced via Twitter that production has officially begun on Jungle Cruise. The new film based on the classic attraction stars Emily Blunt and Dwayne Johnson.
- Emily Blunt and Dwayne Johnson filmed a fun little promotional video letting fans know that, yes they have started filming the upcoming live-action Jungle Cruise movie.
- Blunt and Johnson appear in their cruising attire and seem to be very excited to be part of this project. Check out their video:
— Walt Disney Studios (@DisneyStudios) July 31, 2018
More Jungle Cruise:
- The film is directed by Jaume Collet-Serra and is scheduled to debut on October 11, 2019.
- Casting and production announcements started in summer 2017 with the most recent addition being Quim Gutiérrez.
- Dwayne Johnson
- Emily Blunt
- Jesse Plemons
- Jack Whitehall
- Edgar Ramírez
- Quim Gutiérrez
ICYMI—Other Disney Live-action news:
- Anxious to see Emily Blunt in a Disney role? The British actress will appear as the “practically perfect in every way” Mary Poppins in December’s Mary Poppins Returns.
- Disney recently announced an updated list of their live-action films and release dates. The most notable change is that Indiana Jones 5 has been pushed back an entire year and has been given a 2021 release date.
- Angelina Jolie and Elle Fanning are back for Maleficent II. The sequel to the 2014 movie is currently in production at the Pinewood Studios in London.
- A live-action adaptation of Mulan is in pre-production. The movie stars Liu Yifei (Crystal Liu), Jet Li, Gong Li with Niki Caro set to direct. The film is expected to premiere in 2020.