Disney’s Lady and the Tramp remake has found its leading lady. Actress Tessa Thompson will voice the titular character in the film.
- According to Slashfilm, Tessa Thompson will reportedly be voicing Lady in Disney’s remake of the 1955 film Lady and the Tramp. The movie is currently being developed for Disney’s direct to consumer steaming service that’s launching in 2019.
- Also joining the cast is Benedict Wong as the voice of Bull a stray English Bulldog who’s friends with Tramp.
- Both Thompson and Wong are currently part of the MCU have appeared in Thor: Ragnarok, and Doctor Strange and Avengers: Infinity War respectively.
Previous Lady and the Tramp announcements:
- Ashley Jensen was the first actress to join the cast of the film. She’ll voice Jackie, a trusty companion and confidant of Lady’s. Jackie is the female update to the original film’s Jock.
- In March it was announced that Charlie Bean will be directing the film. His previous credits include executive producing Disney XD’s animated show Tron: Uprising and director of Warner Bros.’ The Lego Ninjago Movie.
- Justin Theroux will voice Tramp, the love interest and complete opposite of the classy Lady. Disney fans will recognize Theroux as Master Codebreaker from Star Wars: The Last Jedi. He’s also known for his role as Kevin Garvey on HBO’s The Leftovers.